Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Less to Work With

Bruce, the legendary knight loses his right arm,
But continues the battle .
Stout hearted, he will not concede.

After the loss of both arms and legs.
He still demands the duel continue,
Threatening to subdue his opponent with his teeth.

That comic sketch fits me well.
Paddle ball and tennis are gone,
Courtesy of a bad shoulder.
My head does not produce enough hair
To slow the sad state of my balding dome.

I hear most of a conversation,
Unless the speaker looks away.
Anything not in my path will be forgotten.
Anything in my path has the potential to cripple me.

I can read all the words in the paper,
Provided they are not in small print.
Of course, there are the pills,
Colorful little creatures, that dull my consciousness.

But, my heart is strong and will last for years to come.
(Thanks to a pacemaker.)

No comments: