Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Bowl of Orange Juice

Poured a glass of orange juice
Into my cereal bowl.
What to do?
Maybe stare until it morphs
Into a magical TV commercial?

If “bad” can mean “good”
Could it apply to “juice”?
I picture a small glowing fairy
Wizard wand in hand,
A gift no doubt from the energizer bunny,
Tapping my bowl.
Presto! Handsome boys and girls,
Dressed as cheerleaders, dance about my small kitchen table,
Extolling the virtues of free-range Orange juice.
Now no longer limited to gay plastic containers,
Or more mature glasses and bottles.

Having a barbeque?
What better then Orange Juice sauce?
Surely your coffee will win prizes
If you mix it in “OJ”?

“But why limit it merely to food products”?
Those tiresome bouncing boys and girls suggest.
Consider your shower, your hot tub or a near-by lake.

After breakfast I think I’ll start the car
And leave the garage door shut.
But, only if I can remember where I put the car keys.

No comments: