Friday, November 22, 2013

Not Much Yin But Yang Works



She looked about 60,
Blond, sunglasses, thin, 
Head facing forward,
Intent on avoiding eye contact.

Uncomfortable without a prompt.
Dogs and small children make potential bridges.
On my morning constitutional,
Rose, on a short leash, allows me to say “Hi”.

I am at least middle aged,
Unless one expects to live past 150.
I got no response when I greeted the blond,
And my second good morning did no better.

Another “middle aged” man
Taking pity on my abject defeat,
Offered a sympathetic
“That’s OK, I’ll say good morning”.

Accepting the spirit of his message
I loudly addressed the entire planet:
“Good morning world !”,
While wondering about the 60 year old blond.

Old men with small dogs
Do not usually suggest a mugging.
I wasn’t wearing a bathrobe,
So I wasn’t likely to flash her.

She may have been planning 
The murder of her fucking husband
And was simply too self-absorbed
To hear the man 5 feet in front of her.

--------------------------------------------

A young man was waiting in the wrong line.
Knowing I was in the right line
Before he was in the wrong line,
I prepared for battle.

I moved forward with MY line,
Planting both feet firmly,
Waiting for my adversary to protest.
He spoke....

OK, he didn’t speak.
He laughed at himself
For being in the wrong line.
And stepped in behind me.

No comments: