Friday, May 1, 2015

The Case of the Wet Placemat

We are the most fortunate of creatures.
We get to create and then explore mysteries. 
I am referring to the case of the Wet Placemat.

I take pride in my dishwashing..
Others among us may cure cancer,
Or set a home run record.
After finishing with the dishes,
I picked up the placemat and stopped.
It was damp, almost wet. How odd!
I placed it on the counter to dry.
Diana and I are neurotically aware of life’s changes.
She distinctly recalled leaving the placemat on the counter, dry.
After several minutes of intense mutual interrogation,
We agreed that the other had somehow been responsible.
Sadly, the guilty party was either too embarrassed to confess,
Or too senile to remember wetting the placemat.   

But we agreed not to call Sherlock Holmes.

No comments: