Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Policemen

That Friday afternoon                                            
Two white motorcycle cops,                                
Dressed to intimidate,                                              
Arrived at my front door.

Before discussing my complaint
The short, senior, cop ordered me to remove my dog.
(Rose had been quietly sitting by my side.)
I put her in the garage.

Short cop was not interested in my call  
For police assistance and remained hostile.
Both men refused to remove their dark glasses,
Or enter my house.

They left after advising me
That I could be put in jail
If they thought it appropriate,
And never did listen to my concern.

Dressed in black,
They never smiled,
Completing the stereotype
Assigned to them by some movie legend.

What aspect of civilization
Did they represent?
If guardians, who or what was beginning guarded
Beside their self-image?













No comments: