Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Poem for 2 voices

Believer
I know His truth, not easily abided,
But certain is His path.
Still, questions assail me.
I am yet imperfect.

Doubter
So much uncertainty, too many choices,
As voices rise clarity evaporates
Options multiply, answers lie within.
Others find the answer without.

Both
Can I show my neighbor the beauty of the way?
He sees me as a monolith, inert, unmoving,
Unable to change, unwilling to see,
Confirming the rightness of his position.

Believer
My house of worship revels in His radiance
We sing of His glory,
Rejoice in His goodness
March forward in His name.

Doubter
My morality is not a group decision,
Our majesty and frailty is not decided elsewhere,
By ancient books and modern interpretations.
There may be no glory, but beauty remains.

No comments: