Monday, August 3, 2009

Cheney

I consider myself a patriot.
I believe in the greatness of America.
I have used my gifts for my country’s good.
I could not do less.

My life has been dedicated to the American dream.
I fear we are becoming weak.
New leaders do not see the dangers
That I fought to subdue.

Some claim I wanted the Iraq war.
That it would enrich me.
That my choice of suppliers and contractors
Was influenced by Mammon.

Others argue that I presented false choices,
Ignored salient factors
And tried to unduly influence studies
That might otherwise find the need to fight unsatisfied.

I did not seek exemption from military service
To avoid harm’s way.
It was my need to learn and thereby
Help our great country through perilous times.

I applaud your personal virtue,
Your wish to perserve the planet.
But we, as a great nation, must make choices
That first protect our shores and way of life.

So yes, God bless America!
Let tyrants and terrorists
Fear our wrath.
For we are the righteous.

No comments: