Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hanging Out

How did the lizard,
With its ridiculously long tail,
Get itself on a twig in the pond?

Unless gravity were to reverse itself
This six inch long black life form
Was not going to survive the morning.

It appeared to be pondering the situation;
Considering options,
Composing a farewell speech.

When the day began Leo,
(A decent name for a lizard,)
Went searching for insects.

Leo had leapt onto a broken twig
Captured his prize,
And caused the twig to move off the shoreline.

If I were a reporter,
I would need to resist human intervention,
Since it would change the outcome.

But I am Einstein’s intrusion.
My being there was part of the story,
Merely observing changes the result.

Leo might deserve an assist.
His life’s devotion to bug eating
Could have made my sleeping mosquito free.

Yes, this tale has a happy ending,
If your in favor of prolonging
The life of a six inch long, black lizard with a fabulous tail.

No comments: