Saturday, March 10, 2012

Precocious@74

This very intriguing thought
Came to me late last night.
Not withstanding my vow,
There was nothing. No recall at all.

Many nights, as I consider my day’s events,
A thought flashes across my remaining brain cells.
Neurons fire prodigiously,
Giving rise to an incredible solutions.

Or maybe they don’t?
If I could get just six or eight letters
Aligned to approximate a key word,
I could share that illumination with the world.

Often I believe in the question,
Only to find it sullied overnight.
Yet my synapses can’t be bothered
Dragging the brilliant epiphany into the light.

This process led to my placing a recorder at my bedside.
An instant short of sleep the inspiration came,
And half awake
I recorded my brilliant insight.

The first answer, the seminal response
That had lain hidden in the valley of sleep.
Awakened by my realization that I had found a way.
I don’t recall the question, but the answer was.......

Milk!?!!

No comments: