Friday, October 25, 2013

Looking Up


Looking up                  12/22/08

From where I stand, at 4”8”
Life loses some of its loftier moments.
I salute the Greek engineer
Who first created stadium seating.

Celebrating New Years Eve in midtown Manhattan
Never included the ball lighting the new year.
Just a half-a-jiffy (the smallest known measure of time)
Before the great Neanderthal annual event was announced
By 1,000,000 screaming morons.
The fucking dome disappears from my view,
Thanks to a 6’9”... OK maybe he was 5’9”!
It doesn’t matter when you’re 4’8’, and standing behind the schmuck

Subways are dangerous when your 4’8” tall.
Unable to see the signs , or fight my way out,
I traveled to the ends of the earth,
(Commonly known as the South Bronx),
Only to find I had arrived at the wrong planet

Where others meet friends at the beach,
At 4’8” I get to do belly-button inspections,
Advise people of the quality & quantity of lint they carry.

At 4’8” you run while others walk,
At 4’8” crossing streets is a challenge
At 4’8” seats are too high off the floor,
At 4’8” life’s about looking up!






No comments: