Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Nanoseconds


Computer conscience races ahead...
In the general direction of insanity.
If it can just move a little faster 
There is a chance it will catch us.

When I focus on a task
My mind does not stop wandering:
Why did that girl not say hello?, 
Where did I leave my hat?

In truth, not all the noise
That flashes through my synopsis 
Qualifies as thought.
Sometimes it is wordless.

What does General Rummel’s campaign
Have to do with water distribution 
In the east county of San Diego?
Why do I think “focus” when not focusing?

Computers do not manifest happiness,
At least not yet.
When will they root for the home team
Or express anger?

Where will we go when the earth dries?
Why is my computer failing?
Maybe that’s a good sign.
If it can grow old, it can be saved.

No comments: