Friday, June 27, 2014

What He Said, What He Meant.


It was an expression of deep regret.
It was self-glorification hidden 
Under a cover of self-flagellation.
It was both.

I heard the latter, and ignored the former...
Until I listened, 
Really listen to another explanation,
And allowed for another answer.

The revelation brought a smile,
And a humbling possibility 
To the center of my comfort zone.
I was not beyond change.

Yes, I could allow 
Deep anger,  concurrent regret, 
And grandiose images to cohabit, 
Without crying foul.

I was looking at the other
And exploring what was possible.,
Concluding that metamorphosis 
Knew few limitations.

He might be very different than I supposed.
We might agree
If I could move away, just a little to the right,
And find a patch of sunlight green.

Was there much at risk?
Would it be awkward?
Might I lose face or spirit?
But wasn’t it worth a shot?






No comments: