Friday, September 19, 2014

Amortizing the Sun


I can’t get my schedule right.
I’d like to get an hour of luxuriant sunshine,
Which means doing some things earlier, or later
Than I had intended.

Of course if I got out of bed earlier
I would not find myself in this position.
On the other hand if it turns cloudy,
I won’t get any sun.

Maybe I should fly to Hawaii,
It’s invariably sunny this time of year.
That would mean no exercise
And I’d have to cancel golf.

Why do all these troubles end up on my plate?
Jeez, I forgot about the funeral
For the guy who delivered my new furniture.
I knew he shouldn’t have tried to lift that sofa.

I don’t suppose he’ll miss me.
And I never met his girlfriend.
A nice card will show those assembled
That I’m a good guy.

Meanwhile I’m making a mess of my new slacks,
And I don’t have a good hat to wear on Maui.
Aren’t I going a little far for an hour of sun?
I’d better go to that new breakfast place and reconsider.




No comments: