Friday, October 9, 2015

Saturday Morning On Orange Avenue

Half euthanized, I think such a glorious day
Can only be reserved for those, like me,  
Who have reached an elevated position.
I make a point of “helloing” all I pass.

As I pass people, receive a smile,  
And an appropriate response that amplifies
My deep feeling of good fellowship,
That for the moment, seems impenetrable.

Of course it takes just one young couple
Who smile insipidly at one another, and pretend
I am not two feet from crashing into them.
I could bloody their stupid faces, they have destroyed the mood.

Yes, they have a miniature schnauzer,
Bent on complaining about his diminutive frame.
It assuredly compliments the lack of elegance
Portrayed by the little beast’s owners.

There is great value in such confrontations.
They serve to remind us of the fragility
Of all that is grand and glorious.
Such people belong in Russia!!






No comments: