Friday, November 11, 2016

The Joy Of Sailing

Having bought a sailboat it was time to sail.
It was a 24-foot Columbus,
Unless it was 22-foot something else.
My boat was docked in Kaneohe
Unless it was Kailua.
It was a Sunday… maybe,
And I was squeezing in an hour.
I turned down a tow-out to the bay,
And gone maybe 20 feet from my dock space
Before I ran into the rocks.
Fortunately, it being a Sunday (maybe),
There were lots of seafarers on the near shore
Who could and did holler advice.
It was fascinating to hear terms unfamiliar.
After maybe 20 minutes
The tow I had turned down appeared
And pulled me into the middle of the bay.
Where I sailed for about 15 minutes

Before my rudder whacked something, and …disconnected.

I put the boat up for sail the next day. It was a Monday.

No comments: