Friday, February 3, 2017

Watching Her Grow

Two generations of the youngest child,
Just left for a much colder Boston.
Jay, Marisa and daughter were “good houseguests”.
I define “good houseguests” as leaving 4 year-old Alessia
In our care for 24 hours.
Diana, child and I did more than survive.

When I suggested that Alessia has the greatest of parents
She considered the claim, and the next morning
Suggested that all children think their parents
Are the greatest, making my claim meaningless.
I chose to accept her explanation.
Late in the afternoon we played Chess---sort of.
She new the names of all the pieces
And had some idea what each could do.
After an hour I conceded.

Diana helped Grand Daughter work on a painting.
It is very modern featuring warm colors.
There was, of course, the evening Gelato.
Not a bad way to end an “awesome” day
With Grandma Diana and Grandpa Jerry


No comments: