Monday, August 20, 2012

He Hates Me

It might have been my clothing.
My personal dress code calls for causal,
Tending toward seedy,
Somewhat understated for business meetings.

Then there was the monthly newsletter.
It was not my idea to call the guy a putz.
(A putz is a schmuck without earmuffs.)
I didn’t write the article.

True,the newsletter was my responsibility.
And yes, I did applaud creative writing.
Expressing frustration with management’s
Incompetence was, I thought, fair game... pick, pick.

Now as I consider the guy’s outrage
I should confess to ignoring him
When he visited our office
On one of his royal reviews of the troops.

Still, it is not my fault the creep is thin-skinned.
I didn’t make him short, fat and ugly.
If he can’t take some really poignant insight,
I guess I’ll have to suffer his slings and arrows.

No comments: