Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Cats Life

Someone hit the wall and bounced.
Safety instructions, available in several languages,
Recommend avoiding large intransigent objects;
It could lead to a severe headache…or death.

And I thought about something, I think.
It might have been important, I’ll never know.
Coming home from a lunch meeting.
Traffic held steady at 65 miles per,

I do remember a scraping sound.
What the hell was that?
An epiphany!
I was riding up the low separation wall on U.S. 5.

The car in front of me, not climbing any wall,
Was awfully close.
Why was he driving so slowly?
Wait: I had to get the tires back on the road.

Easing down, I moved cautiously to the right,
Getting off 5 at the first exit,
Safely parked, I checked the cars left side.
Not much damage.

I could now consider what had happened:
No alcohol at lunch,
I was very lucky this time,
Get yourself home!

Often I imagine a green eyed
Black Persian cat.
Always a he, with an unemotional attitude,
Watching for another of life’s options to pass.











No comments: