Friday, July 11, 2014

Mud In Your Eye


Wow!
That miserable, creepy son-of-a-bitch 
Threw that book at me.
What do I do with this?

I’ve been teaching for 12 years
And have a stack of letters and awards
That speak to my teacher/student relationships.
Now this.

Yeah the kid was not doing well.
No doubt he holds me responsible.
Yeah, I figured that out
When the book sailed past my nose.

Come Monday does he assault my classroom?
Do we put the school in lock-down, increase security?
No, I didn’t see it coming.
Yes, the school and the police have been notified.

I should see a psychologist.
I could carry this one a long, long time.
Does the kid get tossed? Maybe get a criminal charge?
Do I need to move, wife, dogs and all?

One minute I’m explaining next week’s final exam.
Next, the bastard throws a book.
This is America, where there are more guns than people.
Christ, do I get a bodyguard?

My mind is racing. I’m a mess.
Get a grip! Right!
Later I’ll look at how I ahandled this.
Now I want to be safe.


No comments: