Friday, January 9, 2015

They Took My Phone


 It’s very upsetting.
There aren’t many places to hide it,
My half of the room is 120 square feet.
Maybe what’s-his-name stole it?

I have been misplacing things for years,
But doesn’t almost everyone?
My son will be here soon.
He’ll resolve the mystery.

Could be going home today.
I think that’s what the nurse said yesterday?
I don’t really think John stole---
See, I remembered his name.

It’s all very embarrassing.
Made that wrong turn
And couldn’t retrace my steps.
OK, it was silly, but his reaction was ridiculous!

Oh yes, the missing phone.
I remember calling Jim,
Funny, never think of him as Jimmy.
Don’t think I ever got through.

Looks like a nice day.
I’ll ask what’s-her-name
To accompany me around the grounds.
Ha! They think I’ll wander away.



No comments: