Friday, November 27, 2015

I Definitely Pissed Off Some God

I’m here, it’s 8 AM, where the hell is Morris?
I catch him at home. He had called and emailed.
I had not checked last night’s calls or emails.
He apologized. I am magnanimous.

Noon at the library and no Toni.
No answer on her phone. This day is not going well.
I am unhappy.
How sure am I that we agreed to noon?

1 PM I go for coconut milk at a small grocery.
They have the milk.
Expiration date: four days ago. It is selling below market.
I suspect a not so subtle plot.

Walk to the carwash. It’s 1:30.
Drive home and find a small cell-phone near my car seat.
It is not my phone. Drive back to the car wash.
They had found the phone, and put it near my car seat.

Some nasty God is having a jolly time at my expense.
Is that his/her fiendish smile in the separating clouds?
So far, nothing life-threatening,
But the day is barely half finished.



No comments: