Friday, November 27, 2015

The 7% Formula

Alas, my distant, ancient cousin, Sherlock,
He of the inflated ego, suffered from a drug addiction.  
I too have a 7% problem that causes me much grief.
I am 93% short of a perfect score in mechanical aptitude.
The same applies to my care and maintenance of plants.

Employing my mastery of special dynamics
I found room for 250, 50-pound motors in a small rental truck.
I knew there was a cargo size limit. It concerned available space.
I had made no assumptions as to weight limit.
If it fit, it was good to go…right!??
Sixty miles later, I called the rental company, the truck was junk.
It had caught fire for no apparent reason.
They just didn’t know how to make quality trucks.

While living in San Francisco I almost made a breakthrough.
My dusting and watering of a large cactus was showing results.
Not too much water, and regular, delicate, dusting was working.
Two months later my wife advised me there was a problem.
The plant was not the living, growing kind.

Water was close to overflowing its ceramic home.

No comments: