Friday, January 22, 2016

A Subtle Ride

I dominate the driveway,
Screaming to passers-by
“Look at me, but not too long,
For I am a big badass and discourage excessive gawking.”

I am a Cadillac Escalade,
With a 4000 hp engine, darkened windows,
A 20 foot wide stance, and weigh in at 7 tons,
And a very black exterior.

You can not afford me.
I inhibit most earthlings,
And take pride in my “Guido Effect”,
Therein stifling laughter from peasants.

My presence here reminds people
Of my owner’s  prominence.
I fully understands the obligations
Inherent in being among the truly gifted.

Whereas a foreign sports car may attract
Those tending toward the effete,
You must be awed by the power I project.
Superior, in my humble way, to old money.

You would do well not to speak to me
Of trifling matters such as miles per gallon,
And small parking spaces,

   They call out the “Donald” in me.

No comments: