Friday, September 16, 2016

It's A Matter Of NOW

Lord, I spend my time,
Which is the real money of life,
Considering paths not taken,
And bemoaning lazy choices.

It is not a question of how much you’ve put in the pot.
It is not question of how much you might lose.
The question is how much money is in the pot
And what are your odds of winning?

Too many yesterdays’ clog my vision,
Destroy any objectivity. My decision can likely
Be modified by the blue jacket my father liked,
Or tomorrow’s weather forecast.

It takes days, or longer, to accept                                                      
An idea that was borne home before I was five.
My dilemma does not confound my neighbor,                           
More likely it will bore the fellow.

 You can’t betroth your puzzle to another
For they will not bring your background,
As worn and mutilated as you made it,
To their evaluation.

Make the decision: propose to your girlfriend,
Paint the hall eggshell white,
Don’t buy the new car,

Fold your cards and play the next hand.

No comments: