Friday, April 14, 2017

It's Not Right

It’s not right, or at least not as right as I want.
It’s too warm so the a/c is blowing.
Sure it cools the house
But my electric bill is a killer.

Too many parts of my body are aching and
I don’t understand why so many people
Insist on holding opinions that are way off the mark.
If they would listen carefully, I could help them.

At least Diana often agrees with me.
And my boys, long since fully grown,
Will, on occasion, take my side.
But we all agree on Coronado.

It is imperfect, too many tourists.
Of cause I don’t blame those visitors.
I’d be a little jealous if I lived anywhere else.
I guess moving to this would-be island was very clever.

Neighbors are friendly
I can take our dog to a zillion outdoor eateries,
The dog beach, our Library or a Sunday concert
(provided we set-up curbside).

Yes, Coronado offers material advantages,
But it’s the spiritual nature that embraces.
It’s a great place to dream.


No comments: