Friday, May 5, 2017

Watson, Where Are the Keys?

It’s happened before
Misplacing my key ring is nothing new.
With a yawn I start the hunt.
The office desk, or the hall shelf ?
Of course! The kitchen table, my nightstand,
Or the cars’ ignition switch could be the culprit.
I like to think that where I leave things
Is not of my doing, the fault lies in the location!
Ok, this time it’s getting a little tricky.
I’ve looked under the car, and on the garage floor.
Oh hell, I’ll find it when we get back from dinner.
Diana has a copy of the car key.

Now back from dinner we review and repeat the search.
An hour later I’m thinking of the cost of replacements.
One last check in the car trunk and I slam the lid
And notice the key ring is in the trunk key-lock. 
I had failed to see the #$%* keys in my earlier inspection.
The key ring could have fallen when we drove to dinner.
It might had been taken by someone who saw the keys
And decided he might as well take them,
Along with the car!

There is a moral lesson to be drawn.
People who leave keys in car trunk doors
Should probably be subjected to a critical review.
Like “You cannot enter the house if unable to spell your name”.




No comments: