Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fair

Casting aside seven alternative usages
I want what’s “Fair”.
Scales reflecting an ordered universe.
I must find a place to stand.

Just one guy
With his subjective view of pictures,
Some clear, some not.
Are my concerns worthy of discussion?

If one man's “Fair" is defective
By virtue of being singular.
Who decides the winning number?
The one with the biggest gun?

I think of “Fair” as gray,
Changing Mondays and Fridays,
Allowing for a change in the tides
And the earth’s rotation.

Keeping to my paradigm,
“Fair" runs it’s course by 50,
Sooner for most people,
After which life is less "Fair".

“Mean” the man says,
“You are not being fair”.
I repeat my argument,
He repeats his.

My bill is too much,
My neighbor leaves out his garbage,
A bomb maimed my little son,
They are all “Fair”.

Beyond "Fair” is living another 15 minutes,
Always at an unfair price.
I can’t live in someone else’s moccasins.
But I know “Fair” when I see it.

No comments: