Sunday, October 28, 2012

Dead


Don’t hang with my neighbors.
No fault, just the way it is.
This guy has the big house,
And is not especially humble.

Police just left.
Girl friend murdered at his house.
Sobering, but not my problem.
Probably a family affair.

I should be feeling something.
Maybe just sympathy
For someone I didn’t know?
Perhaps it’s “ask not for whom the bell tolls”?

There is nothing
Beyond a little concern for our safety.
Woman dead thirty feet from my yard.
While I watered the plants someone called the police.

My disconnect is cultural.
Does the computer operator
A thousand miles from the drone
Feel it is more than a board game?

Local paper said deceased 
Was charged with attempted store theft in 2009.
Nice epitaph. Thirty-two year old murdered,
Once charged with shoplifting.

No comments: