Monday, December 24, 2012

Grumpy


Two young adults
Enjoying a bike ride down the oceanside walkway,
Encroached on my side of the path.
I was forced to move from my god-given unmarked lane.

First I smiled by way of suggesting they looked cute.
As they went past I of thought of homicide.
I walk here every day.
Then the thought: I am a dwarf named Grumpy.

Earlier, my neighbor parked outside her garage.
What hutzpah!
Why can’t she park in her garage?
Very insensitive!

Britain is having riots.
Somalia is experiencing mass starvation.
My neighbors kid died in a fall down his stairs...
But I am esthetically disturbed by a car in a driveway?

I’ll blame my thinking on age.
Alternately, it could be my computer’s hiccup.
It’s probably my manic/depressive condition.
I should hang a sign on my door.
“Here lives a bore. Leave money”

No comments: