Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Can See Clearly Now.

If the world has changed to brown
Its been a subtle evolution.
Daily changes go unnoticed
Until confronted by a new revelation.

These pants are too tight.
Why has the quality of my newspaper diminished?
Possibly the shrinkage lies elsewhere.
I can’t recall the world not being brown.

After my surgery the world was less brown.
Rumors of ships beyond the immediate sea-line
Became a reality,
Along with a whitewashed palette.

What must I do with this transformed Earth?
I can store my magnifying glass,
But can’t I do more with this gift?
Is this not second sight?

I am awash with a clarity
Of vision that needs expression.
What once was the Rose has gained
A far broader spectrum.

My paradigms no longer suffice,
Not when I am informed
Of this alternative
Arrangement of my universe.

I know I shan’t remain in this euphoria,
My exploding world of colors,
Not seen in memory,
Will settle to this new standard.

But for this moment
I see as a new-born,
With wonder,
Though I have no way to hold fast to the colors.

No comments: