Monday, January 23, 2012

Two Parking Spaces

Two Parking Spaces 1/18/12

Like the man said “The fault -- is not in the stars”.
I have an adequate garage
So the problem is not mine,
Unless I chose.

My neighbor uses her car rarely,
But leaves it parked so that
What is a two car space
Can hold but one.

It may be her apparent wealth
That argues for special privileges,
Her newest Mercedes could get bumped.
Some day she might have a guest car needing parking.

Other folks on the block,
Many not having a parking space
End up parked blocks away.
Of course, they might recognize the affront.

In truth I’m not sure anyone but me
Is aware of the outrage being perpetrated.
I could post a notice on the curb side trees,
Pointing out the address of the evil doer.

At least theoretically, there is a higher calling here.
My neighbor has usurped a neighborhood asset.
Am I not called upon to attempt to pursued the woman,
And, if nicely done, might it not end happily?

But as I said, I have an adequate garage.

No comments: