Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Leaving


Sold my house.
Not the first time I’ll have picked up
And found another home.
It’s life seasons that push me.

Now it’s wise to be near medical services.
Just the practical thing to do.
Listen to me!
I’ve never done a practical thing in my life... before.

I remember calling Jerry to postpone a tennis match
Because I was going to Mexico to get remarried.
He suggested I take a later flight. 
That boy is a hopeless romantic.

Years, and wives, past and as I prepared
For a job interview near Atlanta.
I spend  hours discussing with Jerry being cool,
Holding out for more money, no need to rush.

Three days latter I had bought a house,
In this town near Atlanta.
Not a bad community,
Except for a local retailer who sold KKK robes.

I’ve lived all over the country,
Made a decent living.
Been married to Marilyn for 15 years and 
Had a hitch trailer until last spring.

Looking forward to my upcoming move.
We’ll be back on the West coast.
Seems that’s been my destination
Every time I’ve lived elsewhere.

I’ll be near one of my daughters,
Not far from San Francisco,
In easy reach of several friends
And close to medical services.

No comments: